Kale salad isn’t really something that I would say a whole lot of people “crave”, or “just have to have.” I am willing to bet that will change for you, the way it did for me, after having a similar recipe to this at one of our favorite restaurants, TrueFoods Kitchen. Kale is obviously super healthy, at just 33 calories, one cup of kale provides nearly 3 grams of protein, 2.5 grams of fiber, vitamins A, C, and K, folate (a B vitamin that is key for brain development–hellllloooo, pregnant mamas!!), and incredible omega-3 fatty acids. Long story short, you need to find a way to work this superfood into your diet, and I truly think that this fresh recipe will help you to do just that.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 bunch raw kale
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 1/4tsp pink salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
WHAT TO DO:
- wash kale very well and remove ribs by peeling the leaves lengthwise down the “spine” of the kale. dry with paper towel and set aside
- dressing: mix lemon juice, avocado oil, garlic, salt & pepper together in separate bowl.
- pour dressing on top of kale, hand massage for 2-4 minutes, or until all leaves are coated
- top with parmesan cheese and slivered almonds
Mama always told you to eat your greens, but who knew that you could actually enjoy them? xo, Grace