Let’s be honest, if you’ve been following along on this journey for any time at all now you know that I love my collagen. Typically, I will mix it directly into my morning coffee, but some mornings it just doesn’t happen. Truth be told, there is rarely a day that passes that I do not find a way to work it into my diet, and another truth is that some days I find myself having two servings– one in my morning coffee, and one in my afternoon/post workout smoothie. Smoothies are something that have become a major staple in my diet, especially since becoming a mom. Time isn’t really something that I have a whole lot of, so finding ways to make sure that I get my daily dose of vitamins, minerals, fruits and veggies is sometimes overlooked by, well, more important things. When I am tempted to pull through Chickfila for a milkshake, I remember that I can make something almost* as delicious, but far healthier and a whole lot less “guilt worthy” ten minutes after consuming the last drop.
If you are skeptical about adding greens to a smoothie, just know that you literally cannot taste them if you blend and incorporate them the right way. Below I will explain just how to do it! Be ready for lots of smoothie recipe posts, because I have a feeling once this new babe joins the family, smoothies will be what’s for dinner a few nights a week (until we find our groove)!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (I used the Vanilla flavor for the smoothie pictured above, but the unflavored work perfectly as well!)
- 1 Banana
- 2 Cups Spinach/Kale/Other Greens (I used spinach)
- 1 Cup Almond/Soy/Milk (I used dark chocolate almond milk for the smoothie pictured above, & let’s be honest, for my chocolate addiction)
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
WHAT TO DO:
- First start by blending your greens with a small amount of water, typically about 1/2 cup gets the job done. Blend until there are no chunks and it is a fluid consistency. Set aside.
- Next, add banana, milk of choice, collagen peptides together and blend until smooth.
- Finally, add your greens and ice to the above blended mixture, once blended, sprinkle in chia seeds and enjoy!
a day’s worth of greens and collagen that tastes like a milkshake? yes, please. xo, Grace