A perfect day isn’t a perfect day without coffee. One of my favorite parts of my day is my morning cup of coffee… and as of late, my early afternoon iced coconut milk latte. One of my very favorite parts of traveling to new places is hunting down the best local coffee place. I have always had this little dream to someday own my own little coffee shack near the ocean. I can picture it down to every last detail. Needless to say, I love my coffee. I also love to not spend silly money on things that can be done for much less at home– my coconut milk latte, for example.
The beautiful thing about this at home latte is that it was inspired by a coffee shop that we discovered while traveling. It is the simplest, and most delicious mid-day pick me up.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Espresso; I use a Nespresso machine with the double espresso pod. Don’t worry if you don’t own a Nespresso, you can use whatever coffee maker you have– just make your coffee stronger than normal and use the amount of 1/4 cup of coffee.
- Canned Coconut Milk or Coconut Cream
- Agave or Maple Syrup**– optional, but if you want your latte a bit sweet, these are the best options.
WHAT TO DO:
- Start by filling a glass with ice cubes. Brew espresso or coffee over ice cubes.
- Empty contents of canned coconut milk into blender and blend for a few seconds, until smooth in consistency. If it is still too thick, add water, blend again.
- Pour desired amount of coconut milk onto brewed espresso & ice. Stir and enjoy!
the Nespresso machine that we have is the first photo below– click to shop (it’s on sale!) the second photo is the same machine just without the milk frother (if you’re wanting to save a bit of $$– this one is on sale too!).
first I drink the coffee, then I do the things. xo, G