Although it may not seem as if coming up with dinner ideas is a struggle in our house, sometimes it is. It is really easy to fall into a repetitive schedule, and before you know it you find yourself burnt out of eating the same things and you’re ordering a pizza for dinner–which, let’s be honest, some nights just call for delivery pizza. What I have found to be a struggle as of lately is coming up with sides for our meals. Summer makes it super easy to find creative sides because so many different things are in season. For example, we were having Island Teriyaki grilled chicken and what in the world screams “island” more than pineapple!? Throw a little bit of agave nectar and Tajin seasoning on top and you’ll wonder if you’re eating a side, or dessert.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- fresh pineapple
- 1tbsp agave nectar
- 1tsp tajin clasico seasoning
- fresh lime juice
WHAT TO DO:
- Slice the pineapple into rings, or if you’re short on time/not patient enough, go ahead and buy the pre cored pineapple rings from the grocery– it’s really a matter of time and preference!
- Drizzle the agave nectar, sprinkle tajin seasoning and squeeze fresh lime juice on top.
- Place pineapple onto grill for roughly 3 min on each side, or until you see the grill marks (for some reason, this is oddly satisfying to me).
- Drizzle with a little bit more fresh lime, serve immediately.
who said pineapples were only for vacation? xo. Grace