Can anybody else relate when I say “there are only SO many salads that one can eat?” You guys know that I am all about healthy options for myself and my family, but I am also so very human and so very Italian– which pretty much means I LOVE PASTA. Rico on the other hand isn’t the biggest pasta guy– sure, he enjoys chicken alfredo (who doesn’t?) whereas I am more of an olive oil & garlic with fresh tomatoes and basil, kinda girl. One thing that we can both agree upon is this Super Simple Shrimp Scampi (try saying that five times in a row–but, calling this anything else would be false advertising!) dish. It obviously isn’t the healthiest thing that I prepare, but it is so necessary every now and again to indulge and like I said before– one can only consume SO many salads before screaming GIVE ME THE BUTTTTTA!!! (dramatic, yes).
The absolutely beautiful thing about this recipe is that it takes legit less than 15 minutes to prepare, yet the finished product looks super impressive and time consuming. (Hello, this is the perfect recipe for when you have dinner guests and want to impress/yet still be able to mingle and enjoy yourself without being tied to the kitchen!)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1-2 lbs of Shrimp, medium
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Pink Salt and coarse black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Butter, unsalted
- 1/2 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup White wine
** I chose to serve with whole wheat linguine, whatever pasta you have on hand or prefer will work perfectly! Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add white wine and lemon juice to a 9×13 baking dish (or whatever size you have on hand will do); set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and butter; season with pink salt and coarse black pepper, to taste.
- Add shrimp in a single layer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top with panko breadcrumbs.
- Place into oven and bake until bubbly and golden brown, typically around 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional panko breadcrumbs, garnish with fresh parsley (if desired), serve immediately over pasta of your choice!
eat the greens when your body needs them and the scampi when your soul needs it. xo, Grace