Let me start by saying this: these are DANGEROUS. If you decide to make them, just know that they will literally call your name every time you walk by them on your kitchen counter. If you choose to continue reading this post and recipe, and then you choose to continue onto baking, just remember; you’ve been warned. I can’t remember the first time that I had one of these bad boys, but I can whole heartedly tell you that they’re my absolute favorite dessert. They combine a few of the things that I love the most (chocolate and coconut) into one delicious bar. There really isn’t a “perfect time of year” to make them, which I especially love, because that just means that I can make them (and eat them) year round, unlike say, pumpkin bread or gingerbread cookies. On that note– these make the perfect summer cookout dessert, fall Bible study snack, and they fit just as seamlessly into your Christmas baking lineup too.
As you know, I try my best to always find healthy alternatives when it comes to ingredients…. as far as this specific recipe goes, swapping coconut oil for the butter was about as good as it got– and I am okay with that. These are super easy and quick to throw together, enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 1/2 Cup Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Butterscotch Chips
- 1 Cup Flaked Coconut
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 (14 oz) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt coconut oil, stir in graham cracker crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan to form the crust.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining ingredients one by one over the crust to form the “layers”, beginning with the chocolate chips, followed by the butterscotch chips, coconut and walnuts. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the top, and spread with rubber spatula to make sure that it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and the middle is set.
- Allow to cool before slicing (if you can– if not, 7 layer dip tastes just as good :). Enjoy!