As you guys know I absolutely love being a mama, it’s the most beautiful thing in life, having said this…obviously I have days where I much rather sleep in until 10am and drink my coffee without having to reheat it, but, even then, motherhood is my jam. I remember when we first found out that we were pregnant I stopped into Buy Buy Baby– I immediately felt overwhelmed. I remember thinking to myself “how am I ever going to remember all of these things?” and “how am I ever going to figure out how to install a carseat?” etc. No doubt, it can be overwhelming having a few little people that fully depend on you for everything, but the beautiful thing is that we aren’t alone in this and there are some amazing companies out there with products that make this whole motherhood gig a little easier!
I have had the opportunity to get to personally know a few amazing companies over this past year and I want to say “thank you” the best way I know how– word of mouth to other mamas. As you guys know, I am passionate about the products and things that I love and I LOVE sharing them with others (hello, IG stories). Below I have linked a few of my favorite small (and some not so small) businesses that excel at all things baby and motherhood. I personally own and use products from each of the companies listed below, so if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to message me on IG, or to drop a comment below! Happy Holidays!
1. Solly Baby. Baby wearing is something that I love more than anything. I have worn Lennon at some point every single day since the day she was born and there is no other wrap that I trust and love as much as Solly Baby. Elle is the mother and owner behind the brand and I adore her and everything that she stands for. These wraps are easy to clean, easy to use and can be folded (or crammed) into just about any bag, stroller, etc. I purchased two different colors for Luca and I put two new colors on my Christmas list for Leni!
2. Nuby. There isn’t anything that Nuby doesn’t make. I use all of their sippy cups and tableware for Luca.
3. ToteSavvy. My ToteSavvy is literally a game changer now that I have two children. I wish that I would’ve known about this the first time around because I could have saved myself so much time and rummaging through my diaper bag. I love it so much that I ordered a second one, so now I have one ToteSavvy dedicated to each babe. This makes life a lot easier because all I have to do is grab the already packed tote and slip it into whichever bag I wish to carry that day. I love that there is a variety of colors and sizes– you seriously cannot go wrong!
4. Plum and Sparrow. Plum and Sparrow is the brand that makes my beautiful Moses Basket that you are constantly seeing Leni in. I love that they support the Fair Trade Federation (which means that 10% of each purchase goes back to the African weavers and their families– providing them with school supplies, healthcare and the funding and building of the community weaving centers). It makes me so happy to see a company with a good heart grow to be successful. Their baskets have become such a hit that they hold restocks every Friday morning, and sell out almost weekly. I have my eye on their Natural basket my entire pregnancy and one Friday morning I got lucky!
5. Beauty’s and Gents Moccasins. These are high quality, adorable Moccs that actually stay on your child’s foot! At just $29 a pair and made out of real leather, you cannot go wrong. They are constantly coming out with new colors and styles. Both Luca and Lennon have a few pairs and we love them all!
6. Fawn Design (Diaper) Bag. This was the best recommendation that I have gotten from you guys via IG. When I was on the hunt for the perfect diaper bag, so many of you told me that I just had to have a Fawn Design… I get it now. It’s so stylish and conventional. I had the hardest time choosing a color, but I ended up with the Olive and I am really so happy with it! I figured that it would match the majority of my clothes and that it would be perfect for all seasons. They have plenty of pockets and space and I love that the bag opens from the top, unlike a typical backpack that unzips all the way around (which makes your stuff fall out everywhere), this is more like a bucket tote– if that makes sense? I also like that it can be worn as a backpack, or as an over the shoulder tote bag.
7. Boho Rocker Baby. I love a good flannel and vintage patches, so– it’s no wonder I love this company. All pieces are handmade and can be personalized to your liking! Luca has the most adorable blue Led Zeppelin flannel that he literally lives in during the fall.
8. Gathre Mat. I keep my Gathre mat with me everywhere that we go. Currently it is in my trunk, but during the warmer months I always keep it under my stroller because we never know when an impromptu picnic or playdate will happen. The quality is phenomenal and I absolutely love that it wipes clean. I have used our mat in the sand, grass, living room and under Luca’s high chair– all very messy locations, but it still looks good as new!
9. Lalabu– Simple Baby Wearing. I received a pair of Lalabu postpartum leggings last week and let me just tell you– they’re phenomenal. I missed the boat on this company when Leni was in those very early newborn days because they also make a baby wearing shirt, but I feel that now she is a bit too big to wear in just a shirt. I could be wrong, and it may be totally fine, but I just know how often I am on my feet (chasing Luca) and I just don’t feel comfortable having her in the pouch, although, I will DEF be ordering the shirt for our next baby. The leggings are amazing because they have a compressive extra thick waist band that helps you to feel “pulled in”– which, if you’ve ever had a baby, you know is so so nice in those first few months following birth.
10. EVERGREEN Outfitters Co. The softest and cutest organic and Mama-made cotton bandana bibs and slouchy beanies! Leni spits up a lot more than Luca ever did, so I am greatly appreciating these bandana bibs this time around! The beanies are so soft and can be worn year round! We have red and black and Luca loves to rock them on game day!
showing a little love to those who make this mama’s life a tad bit easier. xo, Grace