It’s official, the weather has finally caught onto the fact that it is supposed to feel more like spring/summer out than winter. We have had a few days of perfect, sunny, summer feeling weather in Georgia, and for that I am so thankful. Not sure about you, but with summer comes a lot of back porch hangout sessions. Also, not sure about you, but my back porch hangout sessions are usually accompanied by some kind of ice cold refreshment. If it’s noon, usually thats an iced chai, and if its 7pm, usually that means some kind of IPA, glass of wine, or, when I am feeling extra AF, a spicy paloma.
I was recently down in Miami for my best friend’s bachelorette party where my entire life changed. We went to this phenomenal spot for dinner and on the menu was the suggested “spicy paloma” cocktail, to which, I abided. I am cheap, meaning I usually will only order one drink while I am out to dinner, even if I am there for hours– but, this situation was different. It was so good, that I didn’t even care, and ordered another. I can’t quite say that this one that I threw together at home was as good as the one in Miami, but, it is absolutely a close second (and it comes without the $16 price tag), so I can deal. If you aren’t a spice girl, like me (lol), leave out the jalepeno and just go for the rest of the ingredients. It’s so straight forward and I guarantee that it’ll be your summer go to.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 oz Tequila. I prefer CASAMIGOS– and I will admit, I am not sure if I prefer this brand because of how it tastes, or because of how aesthetically pleasing the bottle is.
- 3 oz Grapefruit Juice, fresh is best, but any grapefruit juice will do.
- Splash of sparkling water, or club soda.
- 1 Jalepeno
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges.
- Agave, or sugar, to taste.
- Salt for rim, or Tajin (if you’re a spice girl like me).
WHAT TO DO:
- Cover the bottom of a saucer with salt, or Tajin seasoning. Wet glass edge with lime wedge, dip glass into salt/tajin.
- Fill shaker (or mason jar with lid) with ice, grapefruit juice, tequila, jalepeno slices and agave. Shake well.
- Squeeze juice from a fresh lime wedge into glass, top with splash of sparkling water, finally, using a strainer, add contents of shaker.
- Give a good stir, and enjoy!
cheers to you, you spice girl, you. xo, sporty spice