Avocado toast has become a trendy menu item over the last few years. Visit any hip breakfast/brunch spot and you’ll be sure to find it on the menu– usually for like $12. The truth is, it looks fancy, but it’s literally the easiest ever to make. I talk a lot about avocados, they’re so insanely good for you and jam packed with all of the good fats that we women need (especially pregnant and/or breastfeeding mamas).
Get ready to make this a staple in your household, if you haven’t already. If you really want to dress it up and knock it out of the park, top your Avo toast with a fried egg!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Toast– I prefer whole grain or a nice, thick, crunchy ciabatta loaf
- Lemon juice
- Salt, Pepper and any other seasonings that you enjoy (side note: if you like everything bagels, be sure to pick up the “Everything But The Bagel” seasoning from Trader Joes, it’s bomb on avo toast)
WHAT TO DO:
- Lightly toast your bread.
- While your bread is toasting, grab a cutting board, avocado, lemon juice and seasonings of choice. Start by cutting the avocado– I prefer to cut in half, remove the seed, and then peel the skin off.
- Once your avocado is cut and peeled, place it onto the cutting board. Add chopped garlic, seasoning and lemon juice on top. Using a fork, smash the avocado until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Remove bread from toaster/over, top with avocado, sprinkle a little bit of extra seasoning and an extra squeeze of lemon juice and enjoy!
yesterday you really wanted avocado toast, today you’re eating avocado toast– follow your dreams. xo, G