If your life is at all hectic in the mornings this post is one for you. I know around our home that breakfast doesn’t usually happen for me, because by the time I look up and have a second to sit down and eat it’s usually lunch time, #kids. We have discovered a local breakfast spot that we really like and whenever we go I tend to order their version of chia seed pudding. It’s delish, so delish that I figured I better make my own. Honestly, this is probably the easiest of any of the recipes that i’ve ever shared– so, don’t be scared. If you aren’t an avid cook and you feel like the kitchen will explode if you attempt to cook, this recipe is the one for you.
So, let’s get to it. You can prepare this at night and allow it to sit in your fridge as you sleep, or you can make it during the day. Either way, it needs about 4 hours minimum to become a pudding like consistency– so, what I am really saying is this–plan ahead.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 Cup Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Full Fat Coconut Cream (unsweetened)
- 2 Tbsp Agave Nectar or Honey
- 2 Pinches of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chia Seeds
- Topping Ideas: Strawberries, Raspberries, Banana, Dried Coconut, Granola, etc.
WHAT TO DO:
- Grab a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, stir well.
- Transfer to an air tight container. Place into fridge and allow it to sit for at least four hours.
- If you find that the pudding has gotten too thick, simply add some extra almond or coconut milk when serving. Top with whatever your heart desires and enjoy!