This is definitely one of my favorite breakfast/brunch staples. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also full of protein and fiber to keep you full and to help power you through your morning. I honestly thought that this recipe was already posted, so I am sorry for taking so long to get it up! But, it’s just in time for your Saturday morning brunch 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Brown Rice/Quinoa
- Kale or Spinach (or both)
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salsa or Hot Sauce
- Any additional veggies that you have that you wish to include
WHAT TO DO:
- Start by preparing your brown rice/quinoa base. I like to buy the premade packs from Costco– if you have these, all you do is heat it. I don’t like to heat anything in plastic, so instead of heating it in the package I always choose to heat it in a skillet. When I don’t have the premade packs on hand I will make a big batch of quinoa just to keep in the fridge. So, regardless of how it’s done, usually all my prep takes is throwing it in the skillet, heat it and it’s done.
- Wash your kale super well– kale is now at the top of the dirty dozen list.
- Add kale, spinach, sundried tomatoes, garlic and olive oil to your brown rice/quinoa. Saute together, roughly. 3-5 min.
- Remove from skillet. Top with fresh sliced avocado, pink salt & pepper and salsa/hot sauce. Enjoy immediately!
who says eating healthy has to be bland? xo, G