This recipe came to me while attempting to throw together a dinner that incorporated as many immune boosting foods as possible, while using the kale in my fridge. I used a gluten free, brown rice pasta. As always, you can substitute to suit your preferences! Feel free to adjust the amounts of things– for example, if you like extra lemon, add more. If you like just a hint of lemon, cut the amounts I wrote below in half. As always, tag me on IG @Grace.E.Allen if you find yourself whipping this up! xo.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Pasta of choice
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Lots of Garlic
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice & Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional: 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
WHAT TO DO:
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Wash and dry asparagus and kale. Remove kale from stem by pulling downwards. Remove bottom 1/2 inch off asparagus, throw away. Cut remaining asparagus into 1 inch pieces.
- Add onion and asparagus to a skillet over low-medium heat with 2tbsp EVOO. Cook 3 minutes. Add diced garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and kale. Continue to cook until all veggies are tender/to your preference.
- Whisk lemon zest and juice, salt, 1/2 cup EVOO oil, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Strain pasta, and add to the skillet with veggies. Pour lemon mixture over the top, mix well. Serve immediately topped with crushed red pepper, additional lemon zest (if you have it), parmesan cheese and a drizzle of EVOO! Enjoy 🙂